Note: The Zoom Cable Modem/Router Model 5363 has two bands being broadcasted at the same time. The bands are 2.4 and 5GHz. Instructions provided will guide you through both bands.
- Connect a computer to the modem/router via Ethernet cable
- Open a web browser and in the address bar type 192.168.0.1 and press Enter
- When prompted at login, type admin for the Username and Password
- Click on Wireless tab
- On the Wireless Radio page, make note on which band is selected at the top. By default the 5GHz is usually the selected band
- From left menu, click on Primary Network
- On this page look for Network Name (SSID). This is the name of your wireless network for the 5Ghz band.
- Delete this name and create a new name for your wireless network. (You can only use letters and numbers. No special characters. It is recommended to put 5G at the end of the name so that you'll know which band is being modified. This is only recommended on the 5Ghz band and not the 2.4)
- Now look for WPA Pre-Shared Key. Check the box that reads "Show Key"
- Delete the current password and create a new password. The new password has to be 8 or more characters long. You can only use letters and numbers. No special characters.
- Click on Apply at the bottom and the new Wireless Network Name and Password will take effect immediately
- Now click on Radio on the left side menu
- Now select 2.4 band at the top where it reads "Select 2.4 or 5ghz" and click Apply at bottom of page
- Once applied repeat steps 2 to 13
Please sign in to leave a comment.