First, you must log into the Zoom Configuration Manager and access the VoIP subsystem:
- Open your web browser and type http://192.168.0.1 in the address bar field. Press Enter.
- When the authentication dialog opens, type the following user name and password in lowercase letters, and then click OK.
User Name: admin
Password: zoomadsl (where "l" is a lowercase letter L)
- When the ADSL Setup page appears, click the VoIP icon on the Zoom menu bar.
- Click the Advanced VoIP Setup icon on the Zoom menu bar.
- On the left pane, click VoIP Accounts.
On the My VoIP Account page, enter the following:
|Turn My VoIP Service||On|
|My VoIP Provider's Name||Broadvoice|
|My Caller ID When I Call Someone||Type your name or a display name you want to use|
|My VoIP Phone Number (SIP User ID)||Type your Broadvoice number (e.g., 6171231234)|
|My VoIP Service Authorization ID||Type your Broadvoice number (e.g., 6171231234)|
|My VoIP Service Authorization Password||Type your Broadvoice password|
|Auth Domain||Leave this field blank|
|Outbound Proxy||proxy.chi.broadvoice.com (or choose a different proxy server--see Choosing a Proxy Server below for more information)|
|Register Domain||proxy.chi.broadvoice.com (or choose a different proxy server--see Choosing a Proxy Server below for more information)|
|Subscribe Domain||Leave this field blank|
|Use Outbound Proxy for REFER||Disable|
|Dial Prefix||Leave this field blank|
Leave these settings blank
Now click Save These Settings and then click Reboot VoIP.
Choosing a Proxy Server
Broadvoice has seven proxy servers:
If you are not sure which proxy server to use, try pinging each one individually (for example, issue the command ping proxy.lax.broadvice.com in a command prompt) and select the one with the shortest ping times. Then enter that proxy address in the X6v's Outbound Proxy and Register Domain fields.