You must assign a static IP address on the Xbox 360 that it is outside of the Zoom X6v router's DHCP pool. Also, the Xbox 360 must be in a DMZ. This will prevent the firewall of the router from blocking connections to the Xbox 360.
Assign a Static IP address on the Xbox 360 console:
- Power on your Xbox 360 and go to the System area.
- Select Network Settings and then Edit Settings.
- Select IP Settings. The Edit IP Settings screen opens.
- Select Manual and then enter the following settings:
- IP Address: 192.168.0.150 (or any 192.168.0.x IP address, where x is between 100 and 250)
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
- Gateway: 192.168.0.1
- Select Done, to go back to the Edit Settings screen.
- Select DNS Settings. The Edit DNS Settings screen opens.
- Select Manual and then enter the following setting:
- Primary DNS Server: 192.168.0.1
- It is not necessary to enter a Secondary DNS Server.
- Select Done.
- Power down your Xbox 360.
Access the Zoom Configuration Manager:
- From a computer that is connected to the Zoom X6, open a web browser and type http://192.168.0.1 in the address line and then press Enter (or Return).
- Enter the User Name and Password (in lowercvase letters):
- User Name: admin
- Pasword: zoomadsl (where "l" is a lowercase letter L)
Create a Virtual Server rule to put the Xbox 360 on a DMZ:
- In the Zoom Configuration Manager, click on the Router Setup icon at the top page.
- Click on the Virtual Server/DMZ button.
- On the Virtual Server/DMZ page, enter the following settings:
- Internal IP Address: 192.168.0.150 (or whichever Static IP address you selected per Step 1)
- Protcol: DMZ
- Start Port: 0
- End Port: 0
- Click Save Changes
- Click the Enable box.
- Click Write Settings to Flash
- Plug the Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter in to the Xbox 360 console. If you are not sure how to do this, please refer to the manual that came with the Adapter.
Select the Zoom wireless network on the Xbox 360. (Note: The following steps assume you have a working wireless network with WEP or WPA security enabled and you know the Key and SSID of the network. If you have not done this, please refer to the FAQ on setting up a wireless network with the Zoom X6v.)
- Power on your Xbox 360 and go the System area.
- Select Network Settings and then Wireless Network.
- Enter the SSID of your network
- Enter the Security Key for your wireless encryption. This must be either WPA or WEP. If you use WEP, you must enter the HEX digits for the Key you are using.
- Power the Xbox 360 off, wait a few seconds, and then power the Xbox 360 back on.
- Go to the System area.
- Select Network Settings.
- Select Test Xbox Live Connection. If everything is configured correctly, all the tests will show Pass.
- Congratulations! You can now enjoy your Xbox 360 with Xbox Live.