You must assign a static IP address on the device you want to forward ports to. The instructions below assume the device is a Windows 2000 or XP computer. For another device (such as a DVR) you will need to consult the manual that came with that device.
First, assign a static IP address on a Windows 2000/XP computer:
- From the Start menu, select Control Panel (or Settings and then Control Panel).
- Select Network Connections.
- Right-click on Local Area Connection and select Properties. The Local Area Connection Properties window opens.
- In the section with the heading, "This connection uses the following items:" scroll down until you see Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
- Highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and select Properties. The Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties window opens.
- Click on Use the Following IP Addresses
- Assuming you are using the default LAN IP settings on the Zoom ADSL X5 modem, enter the following information:
- IP address: This should be in the format 10.0.0.x, where x is any number from 100 to 250. (Note: If you have multiple computers or devices, each one must have a unique IP address number.)
- Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
- Default gateway: 10.0.0.2
- Preferred DNS server: 10.0.0.2 (Note: If your ISP gave you a Preferred DNS server IP address, enter that information here. Otherwise, use 10.0.0.2.)
- Alternate DNS: Leave blank (Note: If your ISP gave you an Alternate DNS server IP address, enter that information here. Otherwise, leave this field blank.)
- Click OK, to close the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties window
- Click OK, to close the Local Area Connections Properties. Your computer may ask you to reboot at this time.
Next, you need to access the Zoom Configuration Manager and create a Virtual Server/DMZ rule:
- On a computer that is connected to the Zoom ADSL modem router, open a web browser and type http://10.0.0.2and then press Enter (or Return)
- Enter the modem's admin Use Name and Password:
- User Name: admin
- Password: zoomadsl (where "l" is a lowercase letter L)
- When the Basic Setup page appears, click on the Advance Setup icon at the top of the page.
- Click the Virtual Server/DMZ button.
- Click the Add Virtual Server/DMZ link and enter the following information:
- Internal IP Address: 10.0.0.x (where x is between 100 and 250), which is the IP address of the device you want to forward ports to. This should be the same as the static IP address you selected above.
- Protocol: Select the protocol to be used
- Start Port: Enter single port number or the starting port number in a range of ports.
- End Port: Enter same single port or the ending port number in a range of ports.
- Click the Save Changes button.
- Select the Enable box.
- Click the Write Settings to Flash button.
Please sign in to leave a comment.