You do not need to use a dial-up modem alongside your DSL service, unless you want to use your computer for faxing, voice messaging, or as a dial-in server. With DSL, you can access the same e-mail accounts, newsgroups, FTP/web hosting facilities, etc., as you can with a dial-up modem.
Articles in this section
- How to configure a Guest Network for Zoom Model 5790
- How to Change Channel for Wireless Optimization for Zoom ADSL Modem Model 5790
- Wireless Optimization for Zoom ADSL Modem Model 5792
- How to Take ADSL Modem 5792 out of Bridge Mode
- How to Reset ADSL Modem / Router Model 5792
- Does the telephone company have to install an additional line for DSL?
- Why is distance important with DSL?
- Will DSL interfere with my telephone or any other devices connected to the same line?
- Why will my Zoom DSL modem not make a connection with my Verizon service? I set up my account settings properly but am not getting a WAN IP address.
- I am having trouble with connecting or keeping connection with my wireless network, what can I do to fix the problem?