Please follow the steps below if you get an error saying that your modem is blocked from connecting to AOL dial-up Internet service.
1. Delete your Dial-up Locations:
* Go to start All Programs > America Online > AOL System Information.
* Open the Connectivity tab.
* Click Reset Locations, then follow the prompts.
2. Create new Dial-up Locations
* From the Connectivity tab of AOL System Information, click Create New Dial-up Locations.
* Click Advanced Settings in the bottom left, then select the Modems tab.
* Click Find Modem to automatically detect your modem. If it doesn't detect your modem, click Add to select your modem manually. Make sure you set the COM port to the one designated for your modem.
* Click OK, then click Close.
* To the left, click Add under Dial-up Locations.
* Follow the prompts and insert your information.
Please sign in to leave a comment.