For Models 3049C and 3048C, if the V.92 indicator light is on while you are online, a V.92 connection is established.
For Models 3025C, 3030, 3090 and 3090A, you can determine the connection by issuing certain commands in a terminal program. If you would like to use HyperTerminal, which is included with Windows, use the steps below.
|Note:||If HyperTerminal is not installed, you can install via Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Windows Setup, or refer to your Windows help files.|
- Click on Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories (then to Communications, if available), and select HyperTerminal. The HyperTerminal folder will open.
- Double-click Hypertrm.exe. The HyperTerminal application will launch.
- In the Name text field, type test and click
- In the Phone number text field, type 123.
- Next to Connect using, verify that the Zoom modem is selected from the drop-down menu and click OK.
- On the third window (Connect), click Cancel.
- When the data screen appears, type AT (whether the characters display or not) and press Enter. You should get an OK response. If not, type ATE1 ("1" is one) and Press Enter. If there is still no response, verify that the modem is installed properly and return to Step 1.
- Type ATS95=44DT# (where # is your ISP's access number; e.g., ATDT5551234) and press Enter. The modem will dial and connect to your ISP.
- When the connection is established, connection statistics will display followed by a login prompt. If "+MCR: V92" is displayed, the modem made a V.92 connection. See the sample output below.
- To disconnect, type +++ (DO NOT press Enter). After about 3 seconds, you will get an OK response. Then type ATH0 ("0" is zero) and press Enter.
- Exit HyperTerminal. It is not necessary to save the session.