The modem will go off hook, transmit the answer tone, and wait for a carrier from the remote modem.
Cn (Carrier Control)
This command is included for compatibility only and has no effect other than returning a result code.
Puts the modem into origination mode, allowing it to work as an automatic dialer for connection to another modem. The string n contains the telephone number and the following optional "dial modifiers".: The string n must be less than 45 characters excluding spaces, hyphens, and parenthesis, which can be used for clarity.
- 0-9 -- DTMF digits 0 to 9
- * -- The "star" digit (tone dialing only)
- # -- The "gate" digit (tone dialing only
- A-D -- DTMF digits A, B, C, D.
- J -- Perform MNP 10 link negotiation at 1200 bps (this call only)
- K -- Enable power level adjustment during MNP 10 link negotiation (for this call only).
- L -- Re-dial last number. The L must be immediately after the D with the following characters ignored.
- P -- Selects Pulse dialing. Only digits 0-9 can be entered in pulse dial mode.
- R -- Reverse dial mode. This command accepted but not acted upon.
- S=n -- Dial stored number. Dials the number stored in location n (0-3)
- T -- Select tone dialing. Any digit 0-9,*,#,A,B,C,D, etc. may be dialed.
- W -- Wait for dial tone. The modem waits for dial tone before processing the dial string.
- , -- Pause. Causes the modem to pause for the time specified by S-Register 8 before processing the next character in the dial string.
- ! -- Flash hook. This causes the modem to go on-hook for the time defined by the value of S-Register 29, and then return off-hook.
- @ -- Wait for silence. The modem will wait for five seconds of silence before dialing the remaining dial string.
- ; -- Return to idle state. Modem returns to command mode after dialing a number without disconnecting the call.
- & -- Wait for &T "bong" tone for credit card dialing before continuing with the remaining dial string.
This command provides switch hook control.
- H0 -- Instructs the modem to disconnect or hang-up.
- H1 -- Instructs the modem to go off-hook and enter command mode.
P (Set Pulse Dial Default)
This command forces pulse dialing until the next T dial modifier or T command is received. Sets S-Register bit 5.
T (Set Tone Dial Default)
This command forces DTMF dialing until the next P dial modifier or P command is received. Clears S-Register bit 5.
Yn (Long Space Disconnect)
This command determines whether the modem hangs up when it receives a long space signal (greater than 1.6 seconds) from the remote modem. If enabled, the modem will send a 4 second space signal to the remote modem before hanging up.
- Y0 -- Disable long space disconnect signaling.
- Y1 -- Enable long space disconnect signaling.
Please sign in to leave a comment.