This configuration has been tested with ATA Firmware Revisions 1.1.2 and 1.2.5. See Finding your Zoom ATA's Firmware Revision.
- First, you must access the ATA Manager:
- If you are using a Windows computer, download and run the Zoom ATA Manager.
- If you are using a non-Windows computer, or if the Zoom ATA Manager will not run on your computer, you can access the ATA Manager by entering the ATA’s IP address in your web browser’s address field. (Refer to FAQ 986 if you are not sure how to find your ATA’s IP address.)
- When prompted for a Username and Password, enter the following in lowercase letters:
- Once you are logged into the ATA Manager, click the Advanced icon at the top of the screen and then, in the left column, select VoIP Accounts and then Your VoIP Account.
- On the Your VoIP Account page, enter the following:
Parameter Setting SIP Enable Enable Service Provider Name Voiptalk Outbound Caller ID Type your name or a display name you want to use Phone Number (SIP User ID) Type your Voiptalk number (e.g., 812341234) Auth User Name Type your Voiptalk number followed by @voiptalk.org (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org) Auth Password Type your Voiptalk password SIP Server voiptalk.org Auth Domain Leave this field blank Outbound Proxy nat.voiptalk.org:5065 Register Domain nat.voiptalk.org:5065 ReReg Interval 120 Subscribe Domain Leave this field blank ReSub Interval 1800 Use Outbound Proxy for REFER Disable Ring Type 1 Dial Prefix Leave this field blank Preferred Codecs Leave these settings blank
Click Save These Settings.
In the left column, select VoIP Parameters and then Audio Settings.
On the Audio Settings page, enter the following:
Parameter Setting Preferred Codes G.711u iLBC G.729B G.711A Silence Suppression Enable Disable Echo Canceller Enable Enable Echo Canceller Mode 2 Echo Canceller Tail Length (ms) 16 Fax Transmission Mode Off DTMF Transmission Method RTP Out-of-band iLBC High Rate Enable Disable
- Click Save These Settings.
- In the left column, select SIP Parameters and then SIP Protocol Parameters.
- On the SIP Protocol Parameters page, enter the following:
Parameter Setting SIP Local Port (1024-65535) 5065 SIP Public External IP Address 0.0.0.0 SIP Public External Port 0 TOS Value (0x00-0xff) 68 SIP Accept Language String Leave this field blank SIP Send Response to SRC Port Enable SIP Max Forwards 15 SIP Ringing Retransmit Enable SIP Use NAT Discovery Enable SIP Use Received Via Info Disable NAT Keep Alive Enable Enable NAT Keep Alive Interval (s) 15 NAT Keep Alive Domain Name Leave this field blank NAT Keep Alive Message Leave this field blank
- Click Save These Settings and then click Reboot ATA.
For screenshots of an example configuration, click ATA_Voiptalk.pdf and ATA_Voiptalk-Audio-SIPProt.pdf in the File Attachments area below. A PDF viewer such as Adobe Reader is required.
Please sign in to leave a comment.