The Keycode and Serial Number that you are being asked for refers to the "Zoomit" web accelerator that was included on the CD that came with your modem. During the modem's installation process you were given the option of installing the Zoomit software or not and you apparently did install the program. The modem will function whether you use Zoomit or not.
The Zoomit web accelerator program/service has been discontinued and is no longer supported.
You can uninstall Zoomit so that the Keycode and Serial Number message will not reoccur. Zoomit provides an uninstall capability to remove the software. Directories and registry settings that were created/modified during the Setup process will be removed. This uninstall capability is available either by the Zoomit uninstall feature or the standard Windows Add/Remove Programs utility in the Control Panel.
To uninstall Zoomit using it's uninstall feature, simply follow these steps:
- Make sure that Zoomit is not running.(No red Z in the bottom right hand corner)
- Go to Windows / Start / Programs / Zoomit / Uninstall Zoomit.
- Click on Uninstall Zoomit.
- When the uninstall setup screen appears, click on uninstall Zoomit.
- This will remove Zoomit from your PC.
To uninstall from the Windows Control Panel, follow these steps:
- Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel.
- Double-click on the Add/Remove Programs icon in the Control Panel.
- Find the entry for Zoomit from the list box displayed by the Add/Remove Programs application.
- Highlight your selection by clicking on the appropriate program to remove.
Click the Add/Remove… button at the bottom of the dialog box. You will be asked to verify that you wish to remove the selected program. If appropriate, click "Yes".
- This launches an application to remove Zoomit from your PC.
The next time that you restart your computer, the uninstall process will have been completed.
NOTE: You may receive a message indicating that all components could not be removed from your system. This typically indicates that Windows has some of Zoomit's .DLLs loaded in memory.
Please sign in to leave a comment.