The Screen Setup Wizard will launch automatically when you launch ZDTV software the first time your laptop is connected to your HDTV, or when you connect to a different HDTV.
To manually access the Screen Setup Wizard from the ZDTV main screen, mouse over the Help menu and click on Adjust Screen. Alternatively, from the PC desktop click Start → All Programs → Zoom → Setup. Then click on ZDTV Screen Setup.
- If you launch the Setup Wizard from the ZDTV Menu, you will get a warning message that informs you that all currently open websites and applications in ZDTV will be closed if you continue. Click OK.
- On the next screen, “ZDTV Setup will help to configure your PC and HDTV for optimal viewing,” click Next.
- On the next screen, “Check whether your HDTV is a 1080p / 1080i or a 720p model (refer to your TV’s user manual if you are not sure) and click the corresponding button,” click on either 720 or 1080 depending on your TV’s resolution. Check your TV’s documentation if you aren’t sure.
- On the next screen, “Select Projector only (button to the right),” click on Projector only and then click Next. In some cases, the next screen may appear automatically without your needing to click Next.
- On the next screen, “Check that the circles in squares fit perfectly in all four corners. The circles should be perfectly round, not stretched, or flattened,” choose either Circles Not OK or Circles OK depending on what you see on your screen.
- If you clicked on Circles Not OK, you will be shown the message “Go to Setting HDTV Screen Modes During Setup on the back of your keyboard.”
Setting HDTV Screen Modes During Setup (text from back of keyboard)
Before setting your HDTV Screen Mode, press your keyboard’s left mouse button so your HDTV screen goes to black. Then set the HDTV Screen Mode using your HDTV’s buttons or its Remote Control.
You should select any of these screen modes – 1:1, Aspect, Dot-by-Dot, Just Scan, Native, Pixel-by-Pixel.
When you’re done, exit from setting your HDTV Screen Mode. After you do this, your HDTV screen should be black. Press your keyboard’s left mouse button, then follow the directions of your HDTV screen.
Note: You may use any alpha-numeric key (0-9, a-z) or the space bar in place of the left mouse button.
You may need to make adjustments to your TV’s screen settings in order to see an optimal display. In some cases you may need to experiment to find optimal settings for your TV.
- Setting HDTV Screen Modes During Setup (text from back of keyboard)
- You will see another screen that asks whether circles are OK or Not OK. Choose the button corresponding to what you see on your TV.
- If you clicked on Circles Not OK, you will see a screen that gives you options to increase or decrease your PC’s resolution. Adjust these until you find a resolution that you like.
- If you clicked on Circles OK, you will see the screen “Congratulations! Your PC and HDTV are ready for viewing the Internet with ZDTV.” Click Done. The ZDTV wizard will turn off your laptop’s screen and adjust video settings for the best possible picture on your HDTV.
Please sign in to leave a comment.