If you are in California, Florida, or Texas, it may be because Verizon uses DHCP instead of PPPoE in these states. Verizon uses a 2-hour DHCP lease time and because of this, if a new modem goes on the network with a different MAC address before the lease is up, it will not be allowed to connect to the Verizon network. Therefore it is important to wait at least 2 hours before connecting a new modem after disconnecting the old modem. (Note: If the previous modem has been powered off for more than 2 hours, you do not have to wait.)
Articles in this section
- How to configure a Guest Network for Zoom Model 5790
- How to Change Channel for Wireless Optimization for Zoom ADSL Modem Model 5790
- Wireless Optimization for Zoom ADSL Modem Model 5792
- How to Take ADSL Modem 5792 out of Bridge Mode
- How to Reset ADSL Modem / Router Model 5792
- Does the telephone company have to install an additional line for DSL?
- Why is distance important with DSL?
- Will DSL interfere with my telephone or any other devices connected to the same line?
- Why will my Zoom DSL modem not make a connection with my Verizon service? I set up my account settings properly but am not getting a WAN IP address.
- I am having trouble with connecting or keeping connection with my wireless network, what can I do to fix the problem?
Please sign in to leave a comment.