When playing my game console, the NAT type is strict. How do I fix the NAT type to Moderate or Open?
Answer: Using one of the Zoom Modem Routers you have a few options that should assist with fixing the NAT type status of your game console.
1. Bring up browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc.) and in the address bar type the following address to log into the router, then press Enter
2. When at login page enter as shown
3. On the top menu, click on Advanced
4. Scroll down until you get to UPnP, click on the box that reads Enable, then click Apply
5. At the top menu click on Firewall
6. From Firewall turn off IPv4 and IPv6 Firewall Protection and click Apply
7. Quickly power cycle the Zoom router and wait for it to resync
8. Retest network connection on game console again to see If NAT type changed
Follow option 2 if NAT type is still strict. The next step will be to setup a DMZ (Me-militarized Zone) for the gaming console.
1. Go into the Network Settings of the gaming console and make note of the IP Address assigned to it by the Zoom gateway
2. Open a web browser and in the address bar and type http://192.168.0.1
3. When at the login screen type admin for the Username and Password
4. From the top menu, click on Advanced
5. On the left side menu, click on DMZ and then put in the address assigned to the gaming console and click Apply
6. Quickly power cycle the Zoom router and retest network settings on game console to see if NAT type changed
Please sign in to leave a comment.