You must assign a static IP address on the Xbox 360 that is outside of the Zoom X6 router's DHCP pool. Also, the Xbox 360 must be in a DMZ. This will prevent the firewall of the router from blocking connections to the Xbox 360.
Assign a Static IP address on the Xbox 360 console:
- Power on your Xbox 360 and go to the System area.
- Select Network Settings and then Edit Settings.
- Select IP Settings. The Edit IP Settings screen opens.
- Select Manual and then enter the following settings:
- IP Address: 10.0.0.150 (or any 10.0.0.x IP address, where x is between 100 and 250)
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
- Gateway: 10.0.0.2
- Select Done, to go back to the Edit Settings screen.
- Select DNS Settings. The Edit DNS Settings screen opens.
- Select Manual and then enter the following setting:
- Primary DNS Server: 10.0.0.2
- It is not necessary to enter a Secondary DNS Server.
- Select Done.
- Power off your Xbox 360.
Access the Zoom Configuration Manager:
- From a computer that is connected to the Zoom X6, open a web browser and type http://10.0.0.2 in the address line and then press Enter (or Return).
- Enter the User Name and Password (in lowercvase letters):
- User Name: admin
- Pasword: zoomadsl (where "l" is a lowercase letter L)
Create a Virtual Server rule to put the Xbox 360 on a DMZ:
- In the Zoom Configuration Manager, click on the Advanced Setup icon at the top of the page.
- Click on the Virtual Server/DMZ button.
- On the Virtual Server/DMZ page, enter the following settings:
- Internal IP Address: 10.0.0.150 (or whichever Static IP address you selected per Step 1)
- Protcol: DMZ
- Start Port: 0
- End Port: 0
- Click Save Changes
- Click the Enable box, if you have this option.
- Click Write Settings to Flash
Power on the Xbox 360 and test the Xbox Live connection
- Power the Xbox 360 back on.
- Go to the System area.
- Select Network Settings.
- Select Test Xbox Live Connection. If everything is configured correctly, all the tests will show Pass.
- Congratulations! You can now enjoy your Xbox 360 with Xbox Live.