Setting Up Security Using WPA2 or WPA
Before proceeding, if you have not read our FAQ "Wireless Security - An Overview", please .
WPA2 and WPA use a passphrase that you choose and enter on the X6 or X6v and other wireless devices on the network (clients) to set up security. To use WPA2 or WPA, all of the wireless devices on your network must support that encryption method.
- Check to see that all other clients that you plan to put on the network support WPA2 or WPA. If they do not, to Set Up Security Using WEP.
- Click the Wireless icon in the Zoom Configuration Manager. This will open the Wireless Setup page.
- Go to Encryption (which should say None) and select WPA2 or WPA from the drop-down menu. A new fill-in box labeled WPA Passphrase will open directly below the Encryption box.
- Choose and enter a Passphrase. You can enter a word or phrase, or for greater security you can enter a combination of numbers and letters. The Passphrase is case-sensitive and can be up to 8 characters.
- Every wireless network client needs to be set individually by entering the Passphrase on all wireless devices on the network.
- Open the software that came with the device, which should be running on the computer where the device is installed.
- Find the configuration menu for security, choose WPA2 or WPA, and enter the Passphrase, exactly as you entered it on the X6 or X6v Wireless Setup page.
Your security setup configuration is now complete!
Please sign in to leave a comment.