Please be certain that you have the model "56xx" version of this modem with firmware version2.1.0 before proceeding. You can confirm your model through the Serial Number that is located on the bottom of the modem. It will be in the format "nnnn-56xx-nn-nn-nnnn".
If you have the "A" version of the X3, X4, X5 modem ( i.e.: nnnn-nnn-nn-nnA-nnnn ) or model "56xx" with firmware older than 2.1.0 then please use this FAQ .
It is recommended that you print this page before proceeding
Configuring PPP Half-Bridge (Transparent Mode)
- If you have not already done so, follow the instructions in the Quick Start Guide for installation and Internet access..
Click on "System Status" on the top left of the screen in order to confirm that your settings have been accepted.
You will see a heading for "WAN Status" with sub-headings. If your ISP Username and Password are correct, and your Link Light is steady then you will see numbers under "IP Address"(e.g. 126.96.36.199).
- If there are no numbers then allow the page to refresh a few times and then confirm that you have entered the details correctly in the "Basic Setup" page.
Once you have an Internet Connection go back into the "Zoom Web Console" and then the "Advanced Setup" page.
- Click on the " Bridging" button.
- Set the " Enable/Disable " link for PPP Half-Bridge.
- Next select Enable for PPP Half-Bridge.
- Click on "Save" Then click "Write Settings to Flash " .
For Windows XP, 2000, and NT:
Click on "Start" and then "Run".
- Type "cmd" and Click "OK"
- In the DOS Prompt type "ipconfig/release" and hit Enter
- Type "ipconfig/renew" and hit Enter.
- Type "ipconfig" and hit Enter
For Windows ME and 98:
Click on "Start" and then "Run"
- Type "winipcfg"
- Click "Release" button
- Click "Renew" button
The IP Address should be given as an external number (e.g. 188.8.131.52) to show that the PPP Half Bridge Mode is now active.
Note: In this mode there is no firewall protection to the Half Bridge device connected to the modem.
Please sign in to leave a comment.