Please be certain that you have the "A" version of this modem before proceeding. You can confirm this through the Serial Number that is located on the bottom of the modem. It will be in the format "nnnn-nnnn-nn-nnA-nnnn". The "A" version will also have a "USB" LED on the front of the modem.
If you have the "56xx" version of the X3, X4, X5 modem (indicated in the serial number "nnnn-56xx-nn-nn-nnnn") with firmware 2.1.0 or later then please use this FAQ
If you have the "56xx" version of the X3, X4, X5 modem with firmware preceding 2.1.0 then continue to us this FAQ, or update your firmware.
It is recommended that you print this page before proceeding
Configuring Transparent Mode (half-bridge)
- If you have not already done so, follow the instructions in the Quick Start Guide for installation and Internet access..
Click on "System Status" on the top left of the screen in order to confirm that your settings have been accepted.
You will see a heading for "WAN Status" with sub-headings. If your ISP Username and Password are correct, and your Link Light is steady then you will see numbers under "IP Address"(e.g. 184.108.40.206).
- If there are no numbers then allow the page to refresh a few times and then confirm that you have entered the details correctly in the "Basic Setup" page.
- Once you have an Internet Connection go back into the "Zoom Web Console ":
Click on "Advanced Setup" followed by the "NAT" button.
- Select "Disabled" by moving the radar button.
- Click on "Save Changes".
Click on "Advanced Setup" again followed by the "DHCP" button and then "DHCP Server".
- Click on the "Delete" (trash can) icon on the extreme right hand column of the single entry on this page.
- Click on the "Add" button and enter the following information, leaving all other fields as they are:
|Start IP Address||10.0.0.4|
|End IP Address||10.0.0.16|
- Click on "Save Changes" followed by "Close".
Click on "Advanced Setup" again, followed by the "Bridging" button
- Click on the "Enable/Disable" link to the right of "ZIPB" and select "Enabled" by moving the radar button for the "ZIPB" entry in the table.
- Click on "Save Settings".
Click on "Advanced Setup" again:
Click on "PPP Status" where you will see one entry
- Click on the Edit (pencil) icon on the extreme right hand column.
- Set the "Status" to "StartOnData"
- Click on "Save Changes" and "Close", then finally click "Write Settings to Flash".
Now you must reboot the modem:
- Click on "Advanced Setup" again
- Under Administration, click "Reboot". The Reboot page appears.
- Click the "Reboot" button and wait for the modem to reboot.
- Close everything down to the Desktop.
- Switch Off the ADSL Modem's power, wait 30 seconds, and then switch the power back ON.
For Windows XP, 2000, and NT:
Click on "Start" and then "Run".
- Type "cmd" and Click "OK"
- In the DOS Prompt type "ipconfig/release" and hit Enter
- Type "ipconfig/renew" and hit Enter.
- Type "ipconfig" and hit Enter
For Windows ME and 98:
Click on "Start" and then "Run"
- Type "winipcfg"
- Click "Release" button
- Click "Renew" button
The IP Address should be given as an external number (e.g. 220.127.116.11) to show that the Transparent Mode is now active.
Note: In this mode there is no firewall protection to the device connected to the modem.