*You may find it helpful to print these instructions for easy reference*
Your X5v or V3 device needs to be configured with specific information for the VoIP service that you plan to use.
If you received a X5v or V3 from your Service Provider, it is likely that it is preset for their VoIP service. In most cases, the Service Provider will tell you that the unit has been preset. If you are not sure, you can check by;
- Double-clicking the Zoom icon on your desktop
- Select the Voice over IP button at the top of the page
- Select the Advanced VoIP Setup button
- If the User ID box is filled in, your device is preset
There are several things you may need to know about your (non-Global Village) VoIP service before you can configure the Zoom device properly:
- Account ID, User ID, and Password
- SIP Registrar Address or Domain/Realm and Port Assignment
- SIP Proxy Address and Port Assignment
- Outboard Proxy Address and Port Assignment
- Local SIP Port
- Server Address (If this is provided you may not need any of the other settings)
There are two ways to configure the device for VoIP. Both require that you enter specific information from the list above.
- Option 1 - If your Provider gave you a Server Address they are using Auto Account Configuration. The steps follow;
- Double-click the Zoom X5v or V3 icon on your desktop
- Select the Voice over IP button at the top of the opening page
- You will be on the VoIP setup page. Under Basic Setup, enter the server address given to you by your Provider in the Server box
- Option 2 - If your Provider did NOT give you a Server Address the following steps apply;
- Enter the Zoom Admin Web Console by opening a browser window and entering 10.0.0.2
- Select the "Voice over IP" button from the top menu bar
- Scroll down and select "Advanced VoIP Setup"
- On the Advanced VoIP Setup screen uncheck the box for "Auto Account Configure"
- Update the Service Configuration fields with the information provided by your new VoIP service
Once completed please make sure you click "Save Changes", then "Write Settings to Flash and Reboot" and finally click "Confirm"
Please sign in to leave a comment.