Product Documentation and Downloads
For Model 5554
- Barcode label on bottom of unit contains 5554-xx-xx without an “A”
07/06/04 Size: 6.9 MB
After extracting this file, open the newly created "Zoom ADSL X4-X5 USB Driver" folder and refer to the ReadMe document for installation instructions. This driver supports Windows 98/98SE/Me/2000/XP. (Note: If you have Zoom ADSL CD with PN: 289-00182, you already have the latest driver version.)
No setup files are required if the modem is connected to your computer via its Ethernet interface.
- On the modem's System Status page, note the current firmware version. This upgrade is ONLY for modems that have Firmware Version Zoom Ver 2.4.x or later (please do not confuse this with the Showtime Firmware Version). DO NOT attempt to load this upgrade on a modem with a prior Firmware Version (Zoom Ver 2.2.x, 2.1.x, 1.1.x, or 03x). How do I find my firmware version?
- This upgrade will return the modem to its factory default settings. For this reason, we strongly recommend that you write down or take screen shots of any changes you have made to the modem's configuration pages. You will need to re-enter these settings after you load the firmware upgrade.
- Windows users: If the modem is connected to your computer via its USB port, you must update the modem's USB driver BEFORE you load the firmware upgrade. The updated USB driver (v184.108.40.206) can be downloaded from Program Files above or by clicking here.
- Macintosh users: You will need to use a Netscape 6.x/7.x or Safari web browser. This upgrade will not work using Internet Explorer. Also note that the upgrade succeeds using Netscape or Safari, but you may not see the "File successfully transferred" and "System is rebooting now" messages.
Select Windows or Macintosh next to your country/location to download (instructions are included):
|Windows (.exe file)||Macintosh (.sit file)|
|United Kingdom / Europe||Windows (.exe file)||Macintosh (.sit file)|
|Spain||Windows (.exe file)||Macintosh (.sit file)|
|Turkey||Windows (.exe file)||Macintosh (.sit file)|
|Other||Windows (.exe file)||Macintosh (.sit file)|